These are probably some of the best, awesome and interesting facts on Philippines that is going to surely help you to visit.
- After the end of Spain’s King Philip II, the name ‘Philippines’ came to existence.
- Christians in Philippines are known by names such as Peanut, Girlie, Bing, Bogie, Bong and Bumbum.
- Dominican monks discovered the University of Santo Tomas in Manila in the year 1611. This university is popularly known for the largest population of Catholic’s.
- When it comes to the species of clams, Philippines holds the record the number of species.
- Philippines is home to the world’s smallest hoofed animal called the Mouse-deep where the locals call it as Pilandok.
- The jelly fish lake in Philippines is home to over 13 million species of it.
- After the World War 2 in 1945, Philippines was the first country in the entire region of South Asia to gain independence.
- On May 4th 2006, in Manila, this place holds the record for breastfeeding babies by women. The number is astonishingly in the region of 3541 babies.
- The very popular Yo-Yo toy was once used as a hunting weapon in Philippines. The term ‘Yo-Yo’ meant ‘come back’.
- The Marikina city in Philippines held a record in 2002 for creating the biggest pair of shoes. The range of the shoes was in the region of 7.9feet which is ginormous.
These are some of the most interesting facts about Philippines. Before you start traveling, make sure you book for the best package that offers travel and tours in Philippines.